HOW TO USE YOUR WORDS WISELY: WATCH YOUR WORDS, WE SPEAK LIFE




OVERVIEW


Words are so powerful. Whatever you say to yourself becomes you! Whatever you say to others causes something! So have you ever notice the words that are coming out of your mouth?


Try to remember, this past few days, weeks, or months, Is it good or mostly bad words? Is it valuable or mostly nonsense? Do you have that feeling to argue all the time and the way you express is not speaking at all but screaming! And I can imagine, this kind of scene happens at home all the time, especially this time of the quarantine. Because when we are becoming impatient, we tend to answer the other person simply in an aggressive and disrespectful way. Or maybe, you accidentally said something discouraging or hurtful to somebody, without recognizing, your words are inviting negativities to somebody else's mind. It is said in:


MATTHEW 15:18 (NLT)


"But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them."


MATTHEW 12:24 (NIV)


"You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."


Now I get it! Everything really starts from the heart. So if you are full of unforgiveness inside you, you will speak unforgiveness. If you're too proud, we'll probably hear you bragging. If you're negative, no wonder you will be speaking of unbelief and negativities in life. The Word of God is just so real, right? We cannot really hide what's inside our hearts, it always manifests through our words and actions.


But let me ask you, have you ever speak life and encouragement to others? Are you able to bless somebody and uplift a broken soul? Maybe some time in your life, you did. And how does it feel? So good right?


ROBERT INGERSOLL said:


"We rise by lifting others."


ERICH FROMM said:


"Not he who has much is rich but he who gives much."


It is true that there is so much joy when we are able to contribute to other people's lives. When we help others, there is a satisfaction in our hearts that is making us rich in a way, that no money can buy. But we cannot give what we do not have. So in order for us to bring people into the light, we must be the first to experience the healing and the power of becoming a true disciple of Christ.


I don't know about you but I felt in my heart that somehow someone needs to hear this. Am I not the only one who struggles in speaking my heart out or expressing what's really in my mind? I find it difficult to say the right words in the right circumstances. Some are good at speaking but others are not. But I believe it is okay, we are not perfect humans.


CONTROL YOUR MOUTH


I believe that there are really times when we can't control our words and emotions. But do you know why it happens? Here are the reasons:


1. You are more drawn to the world

2. You didn't spend time with the presence of God

3. You are ignoring the voice of the Holy Spirit of God


Here's the counterpart:


1. Disconnect from the worldly things

2. Spend more time in the presence of God, pray!

3. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, obey His voice


Do you know that we are accountable to God for every word we speak? It is said in:


MATTHEW 12:36 (NLT)


"And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak."


MATTHEW 12:36 (NIV)


"But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken."


I got a little bit scared the first time I've read this. I cannot blame you guys, before, even I myself was not really aware of the consequences of every word I speak. How many nonsenses and sharp words have I said since I was a teenager, I couldn't remember how many! I admit my old life was so dark that I use profanity before as an expression of my feelings. That was awful. But it says in:


1 JOHN 1:9


"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."


EPHESIANS 1:7


"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,"


And that's my good news for you! Do you know that it's not yet too late? God is still giving us all the time that's left to live our life right. Jesus did not die on the cross for us to become slaves of ungodliness and sins. The Lord paid it all at the cross. Our past, our shame, and even the sins that we are about to make! He is so good. So living and behaving like Christ is our way to show our love and respect to the Lord.



HOW TO USE YOUR WORDS WISELY?


1. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK


This is so practical. We always heard of this phrase but mind you, it is really powerful. Whatever it is that you have in mind, may actually come out through your words.


ANTHONY LICCIONE said:


"A fool is made more of a fool, when their mouth is more open than their mind."


ALI IBN ABI TALIB A.S said:


"Take care of your tongue like the way you take care of gold & silver."


The bible says let us think of whatever is pure, whatever is right, whatever is true, whatever is just and lovely. Why? Because that is the heart of God for His children. We are the light and salt of the world, remember? And our tongue is like a knife, if we're not careful, it can harm others, it can cut our relationships, and worst, it causes deepest wounds on the soul.


2. PRACTICE DECLARING GOD'S WORD EVEN IF YOU'RE AT YOUR DOWNFALL


How can you speak life to other people if you couldn't speak life to yourself? I know a person who's battling in her mind whether she would stay positive and believe or just accept the defeat and dwell on loneliness. But you know what, though she's broke, I see her whispering to herself "God is good, He has a better plan." She's encouraging herself as if she's encouraging another person.


PTR. STEVEN FURTICK said:


"You gotta fight your mind with your MOUTH! Because you can think a thousand thoughts all at the same time. But you can only speak WORD one at a time."


This is so powerful. If you will only learn to cheer up yourself and get motivated in God, I believe you will become a blessing to others. Just like King David, in Psalm 23, he was in a situation where everything looks falling apart in his life, his son Absalom was hunting him and trying to overthrow him and kill him. King David was in the wilderness hiding in caves and mountains and if you will just imagine, maybe he was also really tired, discouraged, and confused at that time. But instead of dwelling on the defeat and loneliness, he recites the PSALM 23. This is how he uplifts himself:


PSALM 23


"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.


He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.


He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."


It is only shown here that David knows his identity in the Lord. That he's a Child of God and no bad news, no waves or storms can change that. How about you? How about us? Can we really praise God and declares His goodness in times of trouble? Think about it.


3. LET THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKS


How much do you trust your own self? When you give advice to others, do you think it will benefit them? Or that's what God wants for them? Many people are looking for a place to release their pains and emotions, and sadly, the only free and accessible way is to blunt it out all on Twitter, Facebook Status, or Instagram. The world needs us. We are the salt and light of the world. Shine through your deeds and kind words.


We must learn to lean on God's Word and to the voice of the Holy Spirit especially when we are going to talk to people. We cannot minister to people all by ourselves. In order to be effective, we need the power of the Beautiful Spirit of God. Cause the Lord said, He'll be with us till the very end of the ages. As we allow God to use our lives in sharing His goodness to others.


4. SPEAK TO OTHERS WITH AUTHORITY


After you prayed and receive the anointing from the Holy Spirit, when you speak, speak the Name of Jesus with power! Declare God's Word over the lives of your friends, family, relatives, loved ones, and others. This time shouldn't be wasted. Remember, we are called to be bold and brave. If we are not going to fight, who will fight for our family, for our friends and loved ones? We are not called to be losers. So don't be afraid to speak up. It is said in:


LUKE 10:19


"Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."


FINAL THOUGHTS


Remember the passage above whenever you are terrified. We are already victorious in Christ Jesus. We have authority over the enemy and nothing can harm us!


SO CHOOSE TO SPEAK LIFE


NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES


YOU'RE LIGHT WILL SHINE


BECAUSE YOU HAVE GOD




0 comments